Sunday 30 May 2010

Well it's no secret...

I'm not really cut out for the CG world, it was never my bag, not as a career anyway.
I lack the potential, and no amount of pep talks or inspiring conversations could ever get me on par with the people that love what they do and do what they love, i feel i will always be a spectator in regards to the CG world, never an athlete.

Saying this, i don't believe i should just throw away 3/4 years of Maya "training" based on not being fit for a studio job. Instead, i'm going to go back a few notches and learn what's missing, so that as time goes by, i can use what i know to futher my career as a freelance artist rather than being out of my comfort zone surrounded by Maya, when illustration is more my forté.

This blog, pass or fail, will serve as an update of my life after UCA and the projects i'm following both personal and professional. I shall start by informing the readers that i have decided to futher my Maya knowledge by embarking upon a character design project, which will eventually include modelling, texturing and rigging, three area's i've tried to avoid at all costs over my past degree. As well as this, i have signed on to do the inking and some drawing work for a comic set up by a few artistic friends of mine; one a graphic designer, one a fine artist and a writer, and lastly me; an all round dogsbody.

I look forward to updating you all on my various adventures in the bigger picture that is life.

Regards, James.

1 comment: